Top 5 Reasons to use a Travel Agent!
With so many online booking engines, travelers enjoy the option of the do-it-yourself, if not time-consuming task of vacation planning. Think: Google, Expedia, Kayak, TripAdvisor … well, the list goes on.
But not a single one can replace your neighborhood travel agent like Susan’s Travel Services when it comes to friendliness, familiarity and, perhaps the most important of all, the ability to troubleshoot in case issues arise before or during and even sometimes after your trip.
We have a world of knowledge at our fingertips, and in this age of electronic sales tactics there is still rationalization and good reasons for seeking their expertise and personalized service. Let us help! Here are some of the reasons to use us!
1. Save time (no more searching multiple websites) Travel Is Time-Consuming. We are adept at what we do and may be able to book your travel in a fraction of the time it would take you to sift through all of the information on the Internet. We have booking tools and relationships with hotels, cruise lines, airlines and tour companies and can speed through the process much easier and faster than you can so that you can just make the phone call to Susan’s Travel Services and then relax and know you’re in good hands. Also, how do you know what is accurate and what is honest? We do! We only work with the best to make sure we know what is a legitimate place to travel to!
2. No surprises – Explanation before you get to the hotel or airline counter on what you will receive – Travel Isn’t As Easy As It Used To Be. Travel logistics can get complicated. Did you know that to travel to some countries, you need two full blank pages in your passport? That if your passport expires in fewer than six months after your final day of travel that most countries will not allow you to enter? That some countries require visas while others do not? And how will you get that visa if it is required? We at Susan’s Travel Services know these things and will advise you on which documents you need for international travel so that you’re not caught unaware and all of the unexpected costs you might not know about! Travel Agents also can prevent the element of surprise! That $99 hotel special you see online, suddenly becomes $199 with resort fees, wi-fi fees, parking fees, occupancy taxes and all sorts of other nasty little add-ons that unexpectedly hit at your wallet at check-in time. You find yourself in that fancy Paris hotel with no washcloth since Europeans aren’t big on them. An infrequent flyer finds that airlines charge for checked bags – yes, really, not everyone knows about those fees. You find yourself in a malaria zone and surrounded by mosquitoes but didn’t pack any anti-malarial medication because no one told you that you should. We will tell you of things like this so that you don’t hyperventilate when you find out firsthand
3. Expert insight and travel tips for your specific trip- The travel industry is ever-growing and ever-changing. You want someone who keeps updated on all of its trends as well as its travails and can offer you handcrafted, personalized and professional service all the way from the moment of a trip’s inspiration to the journey’s end. That’s what we can offer with Susan’s Travel Services! 25 years in business with specialists in all areas of the world and we are here to serve!
4. An advocate if something unexpected happens to help you- A Travel Agent Is Your Advocate. We say this EVERY DAY! If something goes wrong – and if you travel at all then you know that at some point things just happen – a call to Susan’s Travel Services can help remedy the situation so that you can be on your way to enjoying your vacation. You won’t get an automated telephone line where you must press a million buttons before you’re connected but a real live person who will be compassionate and listen and act on your behalf. We are here for you and are skilled problem-solvers and know whom to call when hiccups occur. Also great Travel Agents Know great Travel Tips. We can guide you with tips on packing, which hotel rooms to avoid (those noisy ones near elevators and stairs come to mind), and which airlines are right on time or notoriously late. We can tell you that for your bucket list African safari that most light aircraft allows only soft-sided luggage that can weigh no more than 33 pounds, or we can advise you that it’s considered rude to tip in some countries, among them Australia, China, Belgium, Japan, Switzerland and New Zealand. A great travel agent will have tips galore, so just ask us at Susan’s Travel Services.
And the BEST REASON OF ALL?
5. Access to exclusive travel offers or benefits Travel Agents Know Of Exclusive Money-Saving Deals! Everyone likes saving money don’t we? Almost every single day, our inbox’s are filled with exclusive offers from travel industry partners – cruise deals, airline sales or upgrades, incredible fares, hotel specials – and we can keep you informed according to your interests. We post many on our social media pages and keep track of places you are looking to go to and inform you of the deals that come out! We work with many companies that only work with travel agents and you can’t access those sales! They buy trips in advance in “bulk” and we get to access those sales and give them to our clients! That’s our job, is to find you the best trip at the best deal!
The travel industry is ever-growing and ever-changing. You want someone who keeps updated on all of its trends as well as its travails and can offer you handcrafted, personalized and professional service all the way from the moment of a trip’s inspiration to the journey’s end.
That’s what we can offer with Susan’s Travel Services! 25 years in business with specialists in all areas of the world and we are here to serve!
Please reach out at [email protected] Or 480-925-9478